Thursday, January 20, 2011

Moccasins!

Guys. I just signed up for a make-your-own moccasin class. And I'm SUPER pumped.


The class takes place during two Saturdays in March at the workroom, a beautiful sewing studio/fabric shop in Parkdale. (It's run by Karyn, one of my fave bloggers whose photos have made several appearances on this blog -- including the one above).

I have been dying to take one of the workroom's classes for ages, but the timing never seemed to work out.  Well, my friends, the stars have finally aligned. So, not only do I get to take a class at the workroom, but I'll end up with an adorable pair of moccasins. I've never sewn with leather before, nor have I ever sewn anything for my feet. Exciting things all around!

I will keep you posted on my progress once the class starts. One of the best things about it is that I get to take home the commercial pattern - meaning I can make moccasins again and again, if I so choose. Now I just have to contain my moccasin excitement (mocca-citement?) for another few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment