Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wreath-tastic!

I have seen so many cute yarn wreaths popping up all over the interweb lately. Like these ones:
From Take Heart
And this one:
From my internet friend and fellow crafter Creative Kat
So I decided to make my own.


I followed this tutorial to the letter, including the idea to add the little felt flowers. I had the yarn in my stash already and the felt cost about $3 total, so all in all, it was very easy on my wallet. The most expensive thing was the $15 styrofoam wreath form (damn you and your exorbitant styrofoam prices, Michaels!)


This was honestly one of the easiest and most satisfying projects that I've done in a long time. It's basically impossible to screw up. Even the felt flowers, which are the "hardest" part of this project, are very simple and satisfying to make. Plus, the colour possibilities are endless. I made this one to match the red and aqua in my kitchen.


Simple, cute, easy, and inexpensive. What could be better?

1 comment:

  1. that wreath looks fantastic! I love the felt flowers. I picked my wreath up in the after christmas sales last year for $3. Yesterday when I went to Spotlight they were $12. I will definately be picking up a few in the sales again this year to prepare for next Christmas.

    ReplyDelete