Sunday, October 3, 2010

Watermelon Toothache

This hat is so sweet it's going to give me a toothache. I knitted it up over the past few weeks for my neice, Lia, for her second birthday.

I actually bought this yarn and pattern at Lettuce Knit here in Toronto when I was taking a crochet class over the summer (my first finished crochet project will be coming up in a post soon!). The store had put together a little kit with the pattern and all the necessary yarn, and as soon as I saw it I knew it would be perfect for Lia.  It's sweet, adorable, and totally girly -- just like her.


Even though I'm really happy with this hat, the interesting thing about making it was noticing how out of practice I am when it comes to knitting. I have been knitting for most of my life and it's always been my go-to craft. Lately, however, I have been drawn to other things -- like crochet and sewing -- so my knitting mojo has been a little low. Knitting skills that used to come so naturally took a bit of work this time around. It's made me determined to get back into it and beef up my skills again.

If you're looking to make a watermelon hat of your own for a special little lady in your life, you can find the pattern here.

1 comment:

  1. That is so cute! I have a new niece that this would be perfect for. I know how you feel too. I am in the middle of knitting her a bunny and it has taken me so long because I haven't knit anything in ages. Even all last winter I didn't knit one thing.

    ReplyDelete